Lunch at Asiong's

The museum-hoppers were at it again! This year, however, we opted to celebrate Jose Rizal's birthday (our excuse to go on a road trip in search of good food and some history lessons) in Silang, Cavite. At Asiong's of Cavite, to be precise. I first the owner, Sonny Lua, at a food-writing workshop organised by Amy Besa at Enderun Colleges. Then I saw his dishes featured at the Madrid Fusion Manila 2016 (I didn't hang around, however, because I was just going around with my parents). 

But his dishes made an impact when I first tasted Cavite cuisine so I kept his restaurant in mind for the next trip of the museum-hoppers. I asked Ate Mary, Man, Ate Bing, and Krishna to try the famous pancit pusit (which I couldn't eat so they had to enjoy it while I watched). I enjoyed the pancit with banana hearts. We partook of the beef caldereta as well. The food was delicious! We just didn't have the space for dessert anymore.

With bellies full, it was time to explore what Silang, Cavite had to offer to tourists on a road trip like us... 

A post shared by Mary Ann Burac (@marianggala) on

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I learned while driving on Marcos Highway to Baguio City

How MALDI-TOF-MS makes mycobacterium diagnosis faster and more accurate

a crash course on traditional Filipino houses